Sunday, March 30, 2008

Getting Serious About Blogging

So, I'm going to get serious about blogging now, and I'm going to try to do it more often. I'm even going to invite some new people. We've had an eventful couple of weeks. Easter went well. The kids enjoyed their baskets, and we even got a night off from church to relax.





Jonathan and Juli woke up early to see what the easter basket brought them! Here they are looking all bleary eyed!



Here they are at church. Juli has a Tinkerbell-ish kind of dress on, but you can't tell because she insisted on buttoning her sweater all of the way up. Jonathan found the blue stuffed monkey on the easter egg hunt. He called it an electric fighting machine. We just smiled and nodded. He definitely has an active imagination!

So, we spent our easter evening napping and eating chocolate.


This weekend we had visitors from out of town: John's parents. We've not seen them in almost two years, so this was a very stressful event. Things went really well, so I'm glad about that, and we also got to see John's cousin Katie (she calls us aunt and uncle, which is cool). We had a great visit with her, and Juli especially loved spending time with another girl.




This is pretty much the way these two were all weekend. They just loved each other!




Katie and Jonathan got along pretty well, but she was pretty confused by his "all boy" behavior.



Okay, I hate having pictures taken of me, much less posting them, but this was such a rare event (the two of us actually being willing to have our picture taken), that I couldn't resist.



Here are me and my girls. Juli and I are really going to miss Katie.




This is a picture of my husband's parents with all of the children.

So, after our work week this week, we have Jonathan's birthday party on Saturday, and we'll hopefully have some guests this weekend as well.

More to come!!

2 comments:

Amber (EyesofAmber) said...

Wow, Katie and Juli really look alike! I love Jonathan's imagination. Glad to know that the visit went better than expected. Love you guys!!

~ Joy ~ said...

I so totally get the 'ugh - getting my picture taken' But I'm SOOOOO glad that you took one with you and John.

And the one with you and the girls is just priceless!