Monday, June 21, 2010

Memorial Box Monday: A bed



God really blessed our family in several different ways this past week, and I'm so excited to tell you guys about how amazing our God really is!

Thursday morning I was leisurely sleeping in, when my only little boy, Jonathan, came knocking on my bedroom door to tell me that someone was here. I wasn't expecting anybody, so it got me up and running pretty quickly. Who should be at our door but the director of our foster care agency! Apparently she had been trying to call us all morning, but had been unable to get anyone on the phone. She went to all of that trouble just to let us know about a potential placement. During our discussion, she asked if I had enough beds, and I was like, yeah, sure! Of course I do. I went upstairs to spread the news, and Tink was like.. "Um.... no, mom, you don't!" And then I counted the number of beds. Oops!

Of course, I sprinted to my computer, frantic to see if I could find one locally for sale. It also had to fit into a rather strict budget. I went to Craig's List, and a listing had been posted nine minutes earlier for a really lovely daybed with a mattress for a rock bottom, way better than I had dared to hope, price. I immediately e-mailed the seller. I let her know that the bed would be for our new foster placement, and prayed that God would push the seller to choose us!

A couple of hours later, I got a call from the seller. She chose us to purchase the bed because she, too, was a foster parent. Wow. We went to pick it up, and she said "God Bless You" on the way out. There's not a doubt in my mind that God provided a bed for one of our three new little ones. I'll put a little toy bed in our memorial box as a symbol of how God provided something amazing in record breaking time.

Ah... so much more to tell...


No comments: