Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Surprise

Mia Tiffy, with her beloved pig balloon.




Today, I was minding my own business, and working on a clothing/laundry/simplification project when a familiar car showed up in my driveway. It was none other than --her-- "baby daddy". He came here to apologize to us because, when the whole situation was going on with --her--, he didn't believe what my husband had told him about her. I have no desire to tell the whole sordid mess, but suffice it to say that he's been played, and needed somebody to talk to who has been there, done that. He was shocked when he tried to get her to return his phone in a public place, she ran away from him, screaming, "Don't hurt me, stop hitting me". Not surprising, but detestable behavior, all the same.

This foster care world is tricky. I still love --her--, and probably always will. He does too, I'm sure, despite the belly-deep feeling of betrayal that he's feeling. For me, it's easier to move on, and unfortunately, his pain helps me to resolve my "what might have been"s. I just hope, and pray, that he can move on. We already have, but I still hope she can dig herself out of the mire, and one day realize that these constant machinations will alienate everybody that cares for her.

For now, life is really good here. JP has some time off from work while the girls get adjusted. The girls themselves are slowly carving out a place for themselves here. Pixie, 4, is loveable but angry. Already, we've cut the rages down to a couple of times weekly from a couple of times daily. Sissy, 5, is a complex creature who likes to stay in her shell, but has been making more frequent appearances. Georgia, 8, is conflicted, but sweet. She has a bit of an attitude problem, but we are chipping away at that as well.



Mia is enjoying her first normal summer of her life. She went to the beach with Uncle Harry and Aunt Bailey. She's had friends over, and she's just had a lot of fun. She cut her hair, inherited some monster goldfish, and is comfortable, settled, and happy.








Jonathan and Juli are much the same, with hearts so big that they have always accepted new kids with glee, and have shared their mom and dad. Jonathan really wants a brother, though, especially since Juli and Georgia are joined at the hip, nearly always together. Juli has suddenly taken on a deep southern twang, which is hilarious, especially considering she's missing her top two teeth, and has a bit of a natural lisp.

Wednesday is always one of my favorite nights of the week, because I don't have to cook!! We have potluck at church, and today is soup and sandwiches, yuuummy!

No comments: