Sunday, June 29, 2008

Rest before Chaos... and the Pool Incident


I'm still recovering well from my little surgery. All in all, it was infinitely easier than my past surgeries, and my husband took care of us all so well! As a reward, he's spent most of the last several days finishing up GTA IV, and I've been told that he's nearly done (Thank You Jesus!!!!). We're all trying to rest up and rejuvenate before our lives get tumbled into chaos again. There's lots of stuff going on in the next little bit, and I hope that I'll get a chance to post some pics and let you guys know all about it. This next weekend we're going to NC to visit John's family (some of them would claim me too). I'm super excited about seeing the newlyweds (Harry and Bailey), and my Katie (John's neice), and the expectant parents (Dave and Bhakti). Things are always ... interesting... with John's parents, so hopefully that'll go well also.



The week after JP and I are going to chaperone a Youth trip to a Christian Music festival. Yikes! I'm still pretty excited though, and there's going to be some great music. The kiddies are staying with Nana for a couple of days, since we agreed that they're not quite ready for 3 days in the hot sun, probably being bored. I was really torn between leaving them and taking them.. but we committed to being chaperones, and we wouldn't be much good at that with our two little ones along. Besides, this will be our last chance to do this kind of thing, since....



... our background checks should be in near the end of July. So, here's hoping that we'll have some more kiddies by then.



I promised I'd tell you the pool story, so here goes:



One of the other Youth Leader's children had a pool birthday party last Saturday. John had a lot of work to do for our Youth Gaming night, so he won the toss, so to speak, and I had to be the one to take our kids swimming while JP worked (and took pictures) on the side. So, when it was time for me to get into the pool, I responsibly went to the ladder turned around backwards, started to go down the ladder, and fell backwards into the pool. That's just so typical. Remind me to tell you about the bumper boat story sometime. Anyway, I had a couple of nasty bruises to show for it. My surgery was the following Monday, and when I pre-registered, one of the questions that they had asked is if I had fallen in the last 30 days... to which I said ... uhm, probably!?!?. I had to go in on Monday and tell the pool story to all the nice doctors and nurses. Why me?



Anyway, JP was able to document some of our pool moments :


Here are my babies: all floatied up and ready to go!

Here they are enjoying the water. You can tell that I'm thrilled about this "I'm in the water and you're taking pictures" arrangement.

I'll post again soon (and I have been doing much better about that!).

1 comment:

Amber (EyesofAmber) said...

So glad you're recovering well. I love the pool pics.