Friday, August 8, 2008

... waiting... waiting.... forever waiting

Hello Everyone!

Sorry that it's been awhile since my last post, but things have been crazy here. I gave Amber a baby shower last weekend, which went really well if I do say so myself (check out Amber's blog for pics!). I baked 2 bathtub cakes in 4 days time! We also had some out-of-town visitors for the weekend... Harry and Bailey! They came in for Amber's shower. They were so much help... thanks you guys!!!!

On the foster care front, we have good news!! Our background checks came back last week, and we are officially, again, certified foster parents. Now we're just back to waiting for a placement. Oddly, it doesn't seem like so much of a pins-and-needles kind of wait anymore, what with all of the hurdles we've jumped and the time that it has taken. So, all of you in cyberland, thank you so much for all of the prayers. And, please pray for us some more!
That's all for now, but we're still waiting on "THE" phonecall, and I'll let you know when it happens. Here are some pics of our recent escapades:


The First Duckie Cake





Here are the kids hanging out at John's parent's pool







Here's a picture that did not go *quite* as planned



Here's my baby... snuggled up with his wittle beaw!

And... finally.... my budding actor:



1 comment:

Amber (EyesofAmber) said...

Oh my gosh, the video is hilarious!!! Definitely a budding actor there. And the first ducky cake was adorable too. I love the picture of Jonathan falling off of John's shoulders, that's just too funny!
Thanks for sharing. Love you guys!